Penne Alfredo with Smoked Salmon
1 pound dried penne
1 cup green peas
4 tablespoons butter
1 cup heavy cream
2/3 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
1/2 teaspoon salt
Pinch of nutmeg (freshly ground, if available)
Black pepper, freshly ground
1 to 1 1/2 kg smoked salmon fillets, cut into pieces
1. Boil the penne according to the directions on the package. In the last minute of boiling, add the peas to the pot.
2. While waiting for the pasta to cook, begin preparing the Alfredo sauce. In a medium pot, bring the butter and cream to a boil and immediately lower the heat so that the mixture gently simmers.
3. Stir the mixture occasionally for about 4 minutes or until it leaves a thick coating on the spoon.
4. Add the grated cheese, salt, and nutmeg.
5. Drain the penne and peas and top it with Alfredo sauce. Serve warm.
As seen on Spoonful. Shared with Food Friday and Food Trip Friday.