I was at my slimmest in 2007.
Despite being a chubby kid who grew up to become an even chubbier adult, I somehow managed to achieve what my husband would call a 'vavavoom' figure. Thanks to Chinese herbal medicine (aka diet pills), football, dental braces and jaw therapy that made eating difficult, and three gum surgeries that made eating next to impossible, I was able to attain this 36-26-36 figure.
See that awkward smile on the left photo? This was during our company Christmas party back in 2006.
I just had gum surgery two days prior, and I couldn't even eat. Let alone close my mouth properly!
But alas, this svelte-ness was short-lived!
I got pregnant in 2008 and gained a lot of weight in the process. I was so huge that some people actually thought I was carrying twins! And despite shedding some of those pregnancy pounds, regaining my pre-homemaker figure had been an uphill battle.
|Hubby and I, plus our nephew Cholo at Yue's Christening, 2009.|
|Curly hair (plus unwanted fat). Yue's First Birthday, 2009.|
A!life Control is a food supplement that contains Phase 2™, an all-natural extract from white kidney beans. This breakthrough ingredient has been proven in multiple clinical studies to minimize the absorption of carbohydrates, the major culprit of our miseries - weight gain, obesity, diabetes, metabolic syndrome to name a few.
A!life Control reduces the caloric impact of starchy foods, while lowering one’s glycemic index. The glycemic index is a ranking scale and system based on the effect of food on blood sugar. And while carbohydrate-based food have the greatest (negative) effect on blood sugar levels, it is rather ironic that some of my favorite food (think pizza, pasta, donuts, cinnamon rolls) rank very high in the glycemic index. Even rice, the staple food of Filipinos, is at the top of the ranking.
Thankfully, there's A!life Control to do the trick - one tablet taken five to ten minutes before eating a meal containing starch or carbohydrates. Combined with proper diet and regular exercise, I am well on my way to regaining my size 2 figure!
Join me as I live the A!life, as I Take Control and embrace a healthier lifestyle!
|This is how I 'aegyo'. And I just had to squeeze this in. :)|
Got an A!Life Control story?
Share it on Facebook and be the next A!Life online ambassador! You get to win these amazing prizes, too!
1. Six (6) boxes of A!Life's complete supplement line
2. Cash prize worth Php 10,000
3. One (1) A! Life Umbrella
4. One (1) of the three gift certificates:
- SM Gift Certificate (worth Php 2000)
- Executive Check- Up (valued at Php 2000)
- Gym Pass (valued at Php 2000)
6. Spread and feature at Cosmo.ph together with A!life Brand Ambassadors Martha Sta. Barbara (The Beauty Junkee), Dominique Tiu (Konichiwear) and Czjai Reyes-Ocampo (yes, that's me!)
To join, all you have to do is:
1. Like A!Life on Facebook AND follow them on Twitter.
2. Go to the contest app on the A!Life Facebook page.
3. Submit your best photo, with a description of how A!Life Control has helped you live the A!Life.
And do take note of the following guidelines when you join:
- Submission of entries is from August 20, 2012- September 14, 2012.
- Voting begins on September 15, 2012 and will end on September 28, 2012. Votes are equivalent to Facebook 'likes' on the contestant's photo. Voters must be fans of the A!Life Facebook page and Twitter followers as well.
- Two winners will be selected based on Facebook 'likes' and through the discretion of the event organizers.
- Winners will be announced on October 5, 2012 via the A!Life Facebook page.
- Winners will also be notified via email regarding the schedule of the Cosmo.ph photoshoot and claiming of prizes.
Disclaimer: This sponsored post is part of the Live the A!Life Campaign. Thoughts and opinions are entirely my own. Rest assured that I use/have used the aforementioned product/s, with no adverse reaction afterwards.