In this regard, Globe Telecom advises its customers in Eastern Visayas to take necessary measures in preparation for the super typhoon. The telecommunications provider urges its customers to charge their cellphones and other mobile devices, in case the weather anomaly causes extended commercial power failure. The company suggests customers may also opt to buy alternative source of energy such as power banks and rechargeable lamps with USBs.
|Make your smartphone's battery last longer.|
1. Log off or turn off unnecessary mobile apps or at least disable push notifications for nonessential apps.
2. Turn off unnecessary radios such as GPS, bluetooth and wifi.
3. Switch off vibrate function and utilize ring tone instead.
4. Turn off sync function.
5. Dim LCD screens and shorten screen timeout.
6. Minimize notifications and use phone only when necessary.
Customers in areas identified in the path of Typhoon Hagupit should also make sure their respective lists of contacts are in order. Contact lists should include emergency numbers such as the nearest hospital, police stations and barangay or community leaders.
|Click image to enlarge.|
Photo credit: Weather.com.ph
Crisanto said the company is coordinating closely with government authorities, specifically the National Disaster Risk Reduction & Management Council or NDRRMC to ensure its disaster-preparedness program is aligned with both the national and local government efforts.