If you'd like to take a shot at making these 'mashed confections', here is a quick and easy recipe that you can follow.
Red Velvet Cupcakes in a Jar
1 cup butter, softened
4 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
Unfrosted red velvet cupcakes (made from your preferred mix)
1. In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
2. Add 2 cups of the powdered sugar, the milk, and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
3. Add remaining powdered sugar and beat until combined.
4. Beat on high speed for 2 minutes.
5. Place frosting in a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip or in a zip-top bag with one corner cut; set aside.
6. Cut cupcakes in half horizontally.
7. Place bottom half of cupcakes, cut side up, in half-pint canning jars. Pipe frosting on top of each.
8. Add cupcake tops, cut sides down. Pipe frosting on top of each.
9. Add lids to jars and decorate as desired.
As seen on Recipe.com.