Yes, the Italian hazelnut-chocolate spread that we all know and love (because I don't know of a soul who does not like this sweet treat) has a special day marked in its honor. How awesome is that?!
To celebrate, I'm sharing with you one of our (my son's and mine) favorite snacks - chocolate chip cookies stuffed with Nutella. :)
Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup butter
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup Nutella
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a stand or electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla, continue to beat until well combined.
3. Combine flour and baking soda in a bowl, then add slowly to wet ingredients along with the chocolate chips.
4. Scoop a large spoonful of dough and flatten it into the palm of your hand.
5. Add in some Nutella into the middle, about 1-2 tsp. Then fold cookie dough back up so that it seals and covers the Nutella entirely.
6. Bake for about 10-14 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
7. Remove and let cool for a few minutes before serving.
As seen on Kirbie Cravings.