1/2 cup salted butter, softened
1 cup packed light brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 teaspoons red gel or liquid food color (use 2 1/2 teaspoons if needed)
3/4 cups Original Bisquick™ mix
1/4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
1 cup white vanilla baking chips (add 1/2 cup more if desired)
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with silicone baking mats or cooking parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, beat butter and brown sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in vanilla, egg and food color.
4. Add Bisquick mix and baking cocoa; beat on low speed until combined.
5. Stir in chips.
6. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
7. Bake for at least 8 minutes. (Take note - Do not bake beyond 10 minutes.)
8. Cool on cookie sheets for 5 minutes.
9. Remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks.
As seen on Betty Crocker.
Happy Hearts Day, everyone! And have a great weekend, too! :)