I didn't bring my laptop to the beach, as I had no plans of working while I was there. But I did post snippets of our vacation on my social media pages, just so my readers and followers would have an idea what I was up to. And because of this food photo, I received recipe requests for the chicken barbecue, which we had for lunch on our first day at the beach. My sister prepared it, my brother-in-law grilled it, while the rest of us just devoured it. Haha! :)
4 pieces chicken leg quarters, cleaned
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 piece lemon or 4 pieces calamansi
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 cup banana ketchup
1. For the marinade, combine the soy sauce, juice of 1 lemon, banana ketchup, salt, and ground black pepper in a bowl. Mix well.
2. Place the chicken leg quarters inside a large freezer bag, and then pour-in the marinade.
3. Shake the bag gently to coat the chicken with marinade. Remove the air inside the bag, seal it, and refrigerate overnight.
4. Remove the chicken from the bag and transfer the remaining marinade to a bowl.
5. Heat-up your grill and start grilling the chicken under medium heat for 12 to 15 minutes per side or until the chicken is completely cooked. Remember to baste the chicken using the remaining marinade mixture. Also, keep in mind that chicken takes a long time to cook. Grilling it in high heat will cause the outer part of the chicken to become charred, with the inside still raw.
6. Remove from the grill and transfer to a serving plate.
7. Serve with steamed or fried rice.
Shared with Food Friday and Food Trip Friday.