In addition to being used for preparing food, turmeric is used in a myriad of other applications. For example, turmeric powder is converted into body past in India with the purpose of applying it on the face and arms of the bride and groom on their wedding day. Because of its rich yellow tint, turmeric is also used as a key ingredient in making curry. It is also used in making several other spices and food products like mustard due to the yellow dye. A number of women in India utilize turmeric paste for removing surplus body hair. Some recipes with turmeric you find on this site http://wikitalks.com/
Surprisingly, turmeric is also used in making beauty products. For instance, there are people who utilize the spice as a home remedy for treating sunburns. On the other hand, there are manufacturers that use it to produce sunscreens.
Does Turmeric Have Medicinal Value?
Whereas turmeric has been used for more than 25 centuries, its medicinal traits were only discovered recently. For hundreds of years, doctors and scientists suspected that turmeric boasted of anti-inflammatory traits. But thanks to the continuous development in the health industry, scientists are discovering that in addition to anti-inflammatory traits, turmeric can also aid in treating chronic conditions such as cancer and Alzheimer’s disease.
Listed below are top 20 amazing health benefits of eating turmeric:
- It can be used as an organic antiseptic as well as an antibacterial agent.
- When mixed with cauliflower, turmeric can be used in the treatment and prevention of prostate cancer. Deters malignant breast cancer cells from spreading to other organs.
- Prevents the development of melanoma on top of eliminating current melanoma cells.
- Minimizes the odds of suffering from childhood leukemia.
- It’s used as an organic liver detoxification product.
- It not only prevents, but slows the development of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Deters metastases from manifesting into different types of cancer.
- It is a powerful organic anti-inflammatory agent which functions as common over-the-counter anti-inflammatory medicines. The only difference is that turmeric does not trigger side effects.
- Preliminary findings indicate that turmeric slows the development of multiple sclerosis in rats.
- It can be used as an organic painkiller.
- Turmeric aids in weight loss as it helps in burning fat.
- Turmeric has been used for hundreds of years in ancient China as a therapy for depression.
- Its anti-inflammatory traits make it ideal for treating both arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- It not only enhances the outcomes of paclitaxel, but minimizes the side effects. Paclitaxel is a drug used in treatment of cancer.
- Preliminary findings show that turmeric produce amazing results in the treatment of pancreatic cancer. Ongoing studies indicate that turmeric can be used to successfully treat multiple myeloma.
- Several studies have revealed that turmeric can be used to stop the development of fresh blood vessels inside tumors.
- Turmeric enhances the healing of wounds in addition to aiding in restructuring damaged skin.
- A number of studies indicate that turmeric can also be used in the treatment of psoriasis as well as other fiery skin conditions.