2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
16-ounce package semisweet chocolate morsels
3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans (if unavailable, walnuts or almonds will do)
1. Preheat the oven to 350º. While you generously grease an 8-inch square baking pan, let your kids crush the graham crackers into fine crumbs. To make this task easier and more fun, simply seal the crackers in a plastic bag and then use a rolling pin.
2. In a large mixing bowl, stir together the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract, and salt.
3. Add the chocolate morsels, pecans, and graham cracker crumbs; mix with a wooden spoon until well blended.
4. Spoon the batter into the greased pan. Use the back of a wooden spoon (or your hands - just make sure they're clean!) to pat the batter into an even layer.
5. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Let it cool in the pan afterwards.
6. Use a cookie cutter to cut out small heart shapes.
7. Serve plain or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or raspberry sherbet. Makes about 8 to 12 pieces, depending on size.
As seen on Spoonful. Shared with Food Friday, Food Trip Friday, and Heavenly Treats Sunday.