I did some experimenting with peanut butter the other day, following a recipe that I found on Spoonful. They're called Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars, sort of a spin off from my all-time favorite Reese's PBC. These tasty treats take less than an hour to make, and best of all, you don't even need an oven for it!
|Peanut Butter is love!|
6 Tablespoons butter
3/4 cup peanut butter
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup chocolate chips
1. In a bowl, mix the butter and peanut butter. Melt them together and blend until smooth.
2. Add in the powdered sugar and graham cracker crumbs. Mix well.
3. In an 8x8 baking pan lined with waxed/parchment paper, pour in the mixture. Spread across the pan and press evenly.
3. Melt chocolate chips until smooth and pour over peanut butter mixture. Smooth over the top and refrigerate for thirty minutes until firm.
4. Let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes before cutting into bars.
Serve these as an after-school snack for the kids, or as a dessert for the dinner party. You can give them as food gifts during this holiday season, too!
Shared with Food Friday, Food Trip Friday, Heavenly Treats Sunday.