For one, I don't buy expensive nail polish. They're totally not worth my money considering I do all the household chores at home. They're most likely to chip off before I could even finish my week's worth of laundry. (I handwash the whites, just so you know.)
Now you must be thinking, "Well, you can just do your nails all over again." Sad to say, I can't. My hands get all clammy and wobbly the moment I hold the brush, and I just couldn't get the coating and stroking right. And I don't even know how to use a nipper. Pathetic, lol.
So instead of doing it on my own. I usually get the services of our neighborhood manicurist. Her rates are pretty affordable; the combined price of manicure and pedicure costs only Php 80. You'd pay double if you go to a salon or nail spa.
I called her in last Sunday, as soon as I was done with ALL the household work. I made it a point to finish all the chores by midday so I can put my Etude House Petite Nail Polish to a test. The result?
|Etude House Petite PP903 Lilac Milk.|
What I loved about it:
- The color. I'm a huge fan of frosted nail polish and hardly do I ever use mattes. I used to think they look dull on me. Now I think otherwise.
- The price. I got this for only Php 59 pesos (via bhappywithme at eBay), which is cheap considering it's a branded product.
- The drying time. It's fast.
- The durability. It lasted me four days before the edges began to chip off. Four days plus a week's worth of laundry. Pretty tough, huh?
- The bottle. It's just so charming.
- The brush. It was too thick for her standards.
And while we're on the topic of beauty and pampering, why not join my Valentines giveaway, too?
Linking this to Project 366, This or That Thursday, Mommy Moments, Pink Fridays, Pink Saturday, and Purple Saturday.