|Pastillas de leche.|
I was able to smile a bit once I stuffed my mouth with these sweets. Oh, sugar fix! I'll be needing a lot of you in the coming days.
*Update, February 26, 2012
Due to insistent public demand (lol), here's the recipe for pastillas de leche.
500g condensed milk
100g fresh milk
2 1/2 cups powdered milk
1/3 cup caster or regular white sugar
1. Mix condensed milk, fresh milk, and milk powder until the texture of the mixture becomes smooth as dough.
2. Rub a small amount of butter on your palms. Spoon out a small amount of the mixture on your palm and roll it into a ball.
3. Shape the mixture into cylinders. In my case, I shaped them into cubes.
4. Roll the candied milk onto the sugar making sure to cover it entirely.
5. Place the toothpicks on the center of each candy. Or you can opt to wrap them in cellophane, just like the pastillas candies usually sold at sari-sari stores.
Sharing with 366, Food Friday, Food Trip Friday, Yummy Sunday.