It's the last working day of the year for most of us, and I'm sure there'll be a mad dash for the supermarkets starting tonight. I wonder what everyone's having for New Year's Eve, desserts in particular?
I found this easy peasy recipe on Hershey's Kitchens, and I'm taking a stab at it for our Media Noche (traditional New Year's Eve dinner). If you're a peanut butter junkie like me, you're gonna love this!
Peanut Butter Chip Pie
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1-2/3 cups (10-oz. pkg.) REESE'S Peanut Butter Chips, divided
2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
1 cup (1/2 pt.)cold whipping cream, divided
1 packaged chocolate or graham cracker crumb crust (6 oz.)
1 tablespoon powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Beat cream cheese and lemon juice in medium bowl until fluffy for about 2 minutes. Set aside.
2. In a medium microwave-safe bowl, mix the peanut butter chips and sweetened condensed milk. Microwave at MEDIUM for 45 seconds; stir. If necessary, microwave an additional 15 seconds at a time. Remember to stir after each heating, until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred.
3. Add warm peanut butter mixture to cream cheese mixture. Beat on medium speed until blended for about 1 minute.
4. Beat 1/2 cup whipping cream in small bowl until stiff then fold into peanut butter mixture.
5. Pour mixture into the crust. Cover and refrigerate for several hours, or overnight until firm.
6. Just before serving, combine remaining 1/2 cup whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla in small bowl. Beat until stiff; spread over filling. Garnish with remaining peanut butter chips. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Enjoy the last few days of 2012! Happy New Year everyone! :)
Sharing with Food Friday, Food Trip Friday, Heavenly Treats Sunday.