Yesterday (Good Friday) I whipped up some Sweet and Sour Fish Fillet, one of my husband's favorite dishes.
It was his third anniversary in South Korea yesterday, by the way. And yes, I miss him to bits.
Anyway, here's the recipe.
350 grams of Cream Dory (or whatever fish fillet you wish to use)
1 onion, sliced
1 piece of garlic, sliced
2 carrots, cut into strips
1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
1 small can of pineapple chunks
1 pack Mama Sita's Sweet and Sour Mix dissolved in 3/4 cup water
2-3 cups of bread crumbs
1 egg, well-beaten
a zest of lemon or calamansi
1. Cut the fish fillet into bite-size pieces. Marinate with a bit of salt a zest of lemon or calamansi. Set aside for at least thirty minutes.
2. Dip the fish in the egg before dredging them into the bread crumbs.
3. Fry the breaded fish fillet until golden brown. Set aside in a tissue-lined plate or container to drain out excess oil.
4. In a separate saucepan, saute the garlic, onion, and carrot strips.
5. Add the fried pieces of fish fillet. Mix well.
6. Pour in the can of pineapple chunks, including the juice. Let it simmer.
7. Drop the bell pepper strips into the pan.
8. Pour in the Mama Sita Sweet and Sour mixture. Boil uncovered, with occasional stirring.
9. Season to taste.
10. When the sauce is thick enough, turn off the heat and serve.
Sharing the munchies on Food Friday, Food Trip Friday, and Yummy Sunday!