If you've noticed, I don't use siling labuyo (bird's eye pepper) because the little man might find it too spicy for his taste.
And I don't cook mine with coconut cream. That would be Bicol Express to me.
Here's how I made my Pork Binagoongan.
300g pork cutlets; cut in serving pieces
1/4 cup shrimp bagoong
4 cloves garlic; minced
1 small onion; chopped
1 medium tomato; sliced
3 tablespoon vinegar
1/2 tablespoon sugar
1 eggplant; cut in slices
1. Boil pork until tender. Set aside.
2. Sauté garlic, onion, and tomatoes.
3. Add pork and shrimp bagoong.
4. Stir fry for few minutes until pork begins to release fat, and edges turn to brown.
5. Add vinegar, simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Add the eggplant and sugar. Season to your liking.
7. Continue cooking in low fire until the eggplant is done.