Now I bet most of you served ham during your Christmas and New Year's Eve dinner. Ham, after all, is the star of the Noche Buena (and Media Noche) - at least that's how it goes for the typical Filipino family. Anyhow, if you have leftover honey-glazed ham from the holidays, you'll be glad you did. Those left-overs are great for omelettes, soups, casseroles, and sandwiches, and they will come in handy for the recipe I'm sharing below.
Fettucine Alfredo with Ham
1 1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
1/2 cup Romano cheese, shredded
6 egg yolks
1 medium-sized red or green bell pepper, cut into squares
1 cup ham, cut into squares
Salt and pepper
1. Cook the fettuccine according to package instructions.
2. Heat a saucepan or cooking pot. Pour in the milk and bring it to a boil.
3. Add the heavy whipping cream. Stir, and bring the mixture to a boil.
4. Add the Parmesan and Romano cheeses, then bring the heat down to the lowest possible on your stove. 5. Stir continuously until the cheese melts and the texture of the mixture becomes fine.
6. Whisk the egg yolks in a mixing bowl. Add about 5 tablespoons of the milk-cheese mixture, and continue whisking until the ingredients have completely blended together.
7. Add the egg yolk mixture in the saucepan/cooking pot with continuous stirring until the texture becomes thick.
8. Add the cooked fettuccine and toss until the noodles are well covered with sauce.
9. Add the chopped ham and bell pepper and mix with the noodles and the sauce.
10. Add salt and pepper to taste.
11. Plate, serve, enjoy!
If you have dishes you would like to see or recipes you would like to learn, let me know! It might be something that I (or my husband) know how to cook, or I could look it up on Mum's recipe book. Just leave me a comment, send me a message, or tweet me for recipe requests. I'd be more than glad to help!