Salmon Rice Bowl
Long-grained rice, cooked
4 pcs skinless salmon fillets
2 tablespoons ginger, peeled and minced
3 teaspoons sugar
1 piece red chili, chopped
8 whole garlic cloves
2 garlic cloves, chopped
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons fish sauce
2 kirby cucumbers, cut into thin strips
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
salt and pepper
1. Using a mortar, pound the ginger with the sugar, chili, and chopped garlic to a coarse paste.
2. Transfer the paste to a bowl, stir in with 1/4 cup of water, lime juice, and fish sauce. Add the cucumber.
3. Season the salmon with salt and pepper.
4. Heat the oil in a non-stick pan. Add the salmon to the skillet and cook over moderately high heat until lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
5. Turn the salmon and cook over moderate heat until opaque throughout, about 4 minutes.
6. Mound the rice in bowls.
7. Top with the salmon, garlic cloves and ginger-lime sauce with cucumber strips and serve.
As seen on Food and Wine. Shared with Food Friday and Food Trip Friday.