Luckily, I have been tapped by Unilab to give this product a try - a chance to finally satisfy my curiosity. I received this package last week, and inside were two huge tubs (250 grams) of Asian Secrets.
|Licorice + Mulberry Leaf Extract on the left, Seaweed Extract + Vitamin E on the right.|
Asian Secrets Lulur Indonesian Whitening Body Scrub is a beauty treatment which originated from the royal palaces of Java, Indonesia and is inspired by a ritual called lulur. Lulur was originally intended for the bride-to-be in order to beautify, smoothen, and whiten her skin before the wedding day.
And the benefits of using it:
- Exfoliates and removes dead skin cells to make the skin smooth and glowing.
- Continued use reduces skin pigmentation and evens out skin tone.
- Moisturizes the skin and leaves it with a fragrant smell.
Now here's how the product looks like. At first glance you'd think it's vanilla ice cream, haha! It's thick and creamy, with very, very fine exfoliating beads in it. Both variants smell wonderful, too. The Mulberry Extract variant has a floral scent, while the Seaweed Extract variant smells citrusy to me.
|Like a tub of vanilla ice cream. :)|
|Take a dollop and then scrub away!|
|The beads come out as you scrub.|
|Lulur beads on my skin.|
- The scent! Not overpowering, smells good, and lingers on the skin.
- Makes the skin smooth and soft to touch.
- No allergic reactions considering I have very sensitive skin.
- Affordable (Php 139 for the 250g tub, the smaller tub costs somewhere around Php 80 I think).
- Available at Watson's and most supermarkets.
What you might not like:
- I've always had issues with products that come in jars and tubs. I find it unsanitary, so the best thing to do is use a spatula when scooping it out (especially if you're sharing it with other people at home).
As for the whitening effect of this product, I have yet to use it for a few more weeks before I can attest to it. Will let you know once the color on my arms finally even out, haha! :)
Disclaimer: Product was sent to The Rebel Sweetheart for review. Thoughts and opinions expressed above are entirely my own.