(That's the Minions' way of saying 'Hello'.)
We're a little Minion-crazy right now (and by 'we' I mean my little man and I, and his friends from school and their moms, too), all the more after watching the prequel to the 'Despicable Me' franchise. We just got home from the cinema and my son is still reeling from all that yellow cuteness. Haha!
And because we can't get enough of these banana-loving creatures, here's a recipe to celebrate the Minions' very own full-length movie!
1 box Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ cake mix (any flavor)
Water, oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
1 container Betty Crocker™ Rich & Creamy vanilla frosting
Yellow liquid or gel food color
16 large marshmallows
32 brown candy-coated milk chocolate candies
Betty Crocker™ black decorating gel
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Make and bake cake mix as directed on box for 24 cupcakes.
2. Cool cupcakes completely on cooling rack, about 15 minutes.
3. Reserve 2 tablespoons frosting. Place remaining frosting in medium bowl; tint with yellow food color. Frost cupcakes with yellow frosting.
4. Use kitchen scissors to cut 1/4-inch circles off both ends of 16 marshmallows to make 32 total rounds.
5. Use reserved frosting to stick milk chocolate candies to marshmallows. Place marshmallow eyes on cupcakes, placing two eyes on some cupcakes and one eye on others.
6. Use black decorating gel to draw the the bands on each side of the eye, and to pipe a mouth on to each cupcake.
As seen on Betty Crocker.