I've been craving for Kalbi (Korean barbecued beef short ribs) the entire week - ever since the husband mentioned that he had Kalbi last Sunday. So I went to the supermarket today, bought a pack of Kalbi along with a box of taco shells and decided to make some Kalbi Taco for dinner. It's a dish I learned from watching too much Arirang TV, haha! :)
250 grams Kalbi, cut into small pieces
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
a pinch of sesame salt
black pepper/paprika powder to taste
1 can of sliced mushrooms
1 onion, finely chopped
1 tomato, diced
1 cup shredded lettuce
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
1/2 cup mayonnaise
6 taco shells
1. Prepare the Kalbi mixture by combining the first six ingredients in a bowl. Let stand for at least an hour.
2. Heat a frying pan on medium-high, add Kalbi mixture and cook until brown.
3. Add mushrooms to the pan, stir-fry for about two minutes.
4. Add onions to the pan, stir-fry until the onions soften.
5. Add the tomatoes next, stir-fry for about a minute.
6. Spoon the Kalbi mixture into the taco shells.
7. Top with lettuce, cheese, and mayonnaise. Serve.
Shared with Food Friday and Food Trip Friday.