So goes the first two lines of the song 'Do You Wanna Build a Snowman' in the movie 'Frozen'. I took the little man to the movies yesterday, as a reward for acing all his quizzes for the past two weeks. We watched Frozen, of course, and it was really, really good. I say you go out and take your kids to see this movie over the weekend, too.
But before you head out the door, let me share with you this Frozen-inspired dessert which I found on Spoonful. It's a treat that's just too cute not to share with my readers. :)
White Chocolate Melts, about half a bag
Chocolate Candy Melts, at least 8 pieces
Pretzel sticks (for arms)
Orange Starbursts (1 per snowman)
Small candy eyes
Hershey's Kisses (or chocolate chips)
Edible food pens (blue and black)
Plastic squeeze bottle
Small craft/food brush (washed)
Vanilla ice cream
3. Using a knife, splinter a few pretzel sticks to create Olaf’s hair.
5. Squeeze out the white candy onto the parchment paper in the shape of Olaf’s head. You can use the food brush to smooth out the candy.
6. Use the edible blue and black pens to outline Olaf's eyes.
7. Squeeze out a second layer of candy over Olaf’s head, building up the candy near the top. Use the brush to smooth the candy then place 2-3 pretzel slivers for the hair and two candy eyes.
8. Squeeze out more melted candy under the eyes. Place a nose just under and between the eyes. Squeeze out more melted candy around the nose, using the brush to smooth. Allow the candy to fully dry.
9. Melt the chocolate candy melts in a small microwave safe bowl on 40% power for 45 seconds. Stir the candy until smooth. Clean and dry your food brush then use it to paint on Olaf’s mouth using the melted chocolate candy. Allow time to dry.
10. Clean and dry the food brush. Open the squeeze bottle and dip your brush into the white candy. Paint Olaf’s tooth in the top center of the mouth. Allow time to dry.
11. Scoop out two scoops of vanilla ice cream into a small bowl (stacked). Give Olaf three chocolate kiss or chocolate chip buttons and two pretzel stick arms. Peal Olaf’s head from the parchment paper and stick it on top of the ice cream. Serve immediately.
Shared with Food Friday and Food Trip Friday. :)