And so today, I'll be sharing with you this muffin recipe. We call this 'Morning Muffins' since we almost always have muffins (or bread, for that matter) for breakfast.
Ingredients:1 cup sour milk*
1/2 cup applesauce
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup oat flour**
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup instant oats
1/4 cup almonds, chopped
*To make sour milk, add a tablespoon of vinegar to a one cup measure and fill to the top with milk. Let stand for 5 minutes.
**To make oat flour, puree instant oatmeal in the blender until a fine dry powder is formed.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease 12 muffin cups.
2. Combine sour milk, butter, vanilla extract, egg and brown sugar and blend well.
3. Stir together oat flour, wheat flour, baking soda and cinnamon.
4. Add flour mixture to wet mixture and blend well.
5. Fold in oats, and almonds.
6. Fill muffin tins. These do not rise very high, so a full muffin cup is fine.
7. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
As seen on Spoonful.